Thursday, January 13, 2005

Driving Me Away Online

Slowing driving me insane are the the New York Times interstitials that torture me each time I try to reach an article for the first time. Like a cat, I jerk to Skip This Ad but it's never fast enough. The worst part is that it's the same lame Citi Advantage for Business ad. If I see this stock photo family and their damn restaurant purchases followed by their well-deserved vacation, I'm going to puke.

I realize how scary things are for a great paper like the Times. I'm a devoted Times reader who buys the actual paper less and less (of course, if they delivered to my home, I'd probably subscribe), so I can sympathize with their efforts to adapt to a changing model. But these annoying, persistent interruptions are not the solution.

Make them stop. Please.

— Dean Gemmell

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if it was a picture of Leonardo DiCaprio selling some Citi wares? I hear The Aviator is hot this season.

Davis.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home