Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Kalamazoo? Curling? Yeah, right, have another one.

No, seriously. I'm organizing a trip to Windsor on March 5th for an afternoon of curling. It's basically a full day commitment so I'm also hosting an introduction to the game on February 20th. That way, people who have never played the sport will be able to make the best use of the time we have in Windsor and get the most out of the day. I could go on and on about how much I love this sport. But let's just keep it simple -- if you live in the West Michigan area and want to try the game, send me a comment and I'll give you more details.

I've got this crazy dream of one day building a dedicated curling facility in Kalamazoo. If you know how much it costs to build a curling club, you know how crazy my dream is.

Here's a little shameless plug for my credentials as curler. Unfortunately, you will have to scroll all the way down to 1988.

— Dean Gemmell


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That link means that Dean has represented Quebec at the Brier, Canada's mens' curling championship. Every curler's dream is to play there.

Best of luck with your club, and with your day in Windsor.

Windsor Curler

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dream is alive. Thanks, Dean... The Kalamazoo Curling Club is about to begin its first season of league curling.... This couldn't be cooler...

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home