Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'm not there, but I sure feel dirty.

I'm suspect I'm like many Americans right now. Embarrassed. When I watch the hopelessly inept response to Hurricane Katrina, I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed when I see the President, as corpses bob in flooded New Orleans, congratulate the head of the FEMA for doing, "...a heck of a job." I'm embarrassed when I hear former First Lady Barbara Bush, upon visiting refugees from New Orleans housed in the Houston Astrodome. say, "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle)--this is working very well for them." I'm embarrassed to see the government of a country filled with people as generous and compassionate and rich as ours botch this job so completely.

It makes marketing communications feel very, very small. And, right now, I'm too embarrassed to write much about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, my friend...

...and you are certainly not the only one having these thoughts and feelings.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home